Friday, June 1, 2012

"Bubblegum" Socks

"Bubblegum"

I could not come up with any other name for these socks since every time I looked at them as they grew, I thought - bubblegum!  First of my knee hi's that I've knit from Knit Picks hand dyed "Bare" yarn (photos below).  Interesting color variations in these socks since both skeins were dyed in the same pot at the same time.  Simple plain pattern knit on a 32" circular #5 needle.  I did reduce the 64 stitches that were cast on down to 60 stitches during the first row of stockinet stitch and then knit approx.  4" to where I started the calf shaping.  I reduced one stitch every 4th row on the next to last stitch at the back until I reduced down to 50 stitches.  Knit until the correct length.

No comments: