Sunday, May 13, 2012

"Country Bench"



I know this is not fiber related unless you look at this sweet little bench as a tool to carry fiber related items and tools to another part of your house or property!  This is one cute country bench that my husband built for me.  This design was originally built by one of our finish carpenters who worked on our house when it was being built 18 years ago!  It was such a wonder and useful bench that my husband quickly built himself two of them and they have been used for many things over the years and look like it today.  I thought this design would be a great addition to my country kitchen so I asked him if he would build one for me but I wanted a nice oak top on it.  The bottom is out of plywood which I stained first along with the top, then painted, sanded and coated with polyurethane.  The bench can be turned upside down, filled with goodies and carried by the cross bar under the seat.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

You did a great job with painting your little stool - I can imagine how useful it is - sure is cute! Don't forget to share a picture of yor iPad pocket - I'd love to see it finished......

Van Huss Fine Art said...

Thank you Gayle for the compliment on my bench. The bench comes in handy for reaching up high to get cookbooks off a large bookcase in my kitchen, get into high cabinets and if needed, I can flip it over and fill with tools and carry to where I might need it.