Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Dancing Sheep" Hooked Purse

"Dancing Sheep" Hooked Rug Purse

Purse is 14" wide by approx 12.5" top to bottom.  Design was taken from a Searsport Rug Hooking design on a large rug I hooked right after I started hooking and decided it would be cute on a purse.  All hand dyed wools on cotton rug warp.  Lined with calico fabric with added pockets on the inside and magnetic latch.  I hooked this in #'s 6 & 8 cuts on cotton rug warp.  The strap is leather and came off of a Dooney & Burke purse that I own.  I've decided I can just keep hooking these purses and since I can only carry one purse at a time I'll just move the strap to whichever purse I want to carry at the time!  No need to buy a new strap or make a strap for each purse - strap problem solved!

1 comment:

Crescent Lane Hooker said...

Just now found this charming purse on Pinterest. Thank you for sharing it. i love the way you made the sides to hold the strap. And love the yellow color.
Cynthia